Social media is based on the notion of community and relationships and is ever-changing. In reality, it’s the community principles behind the social platforms, blogs, videos, podcasts, text messaging, etc., that are fundamental.
The cool tools will evolve, change and even disappear, but the following five principles will always remain. When you put these principles of community in action, you will create visibility, credibility, and profitability for you and your business.
- Be Social – Remember social media is about people, relationships and conversation. Take the time to listen, interact and assist your audience. Make it FUN – fun attracts; incorporate fun into your personality, pictures and content!
- Be Authentic – Dr. Seuss says, “Today you are YOU, that is truer than true, there is no one alive who is YOUER than you.” In all you say or do, be You, be genuine. Focus on inspiring, connecting, educating and learning; ensure you and your platforms feel AND are approachable.
- Be Engaging – Don’t talk at your listeners, talk with them! Listen to what they are saying, respond to comments, thank them when they share your content, and take the time to answer their questions. Involve your fans, followers, and connections in stimulating conversations by creating fresh, relevant, timely, and valuable content and they will come back for more PLUS, you will get the response you are looking for.
- Be Consistent – Social media marketing takes real commitment, time, energy, and most of all, patience before you begin to see real results. Plan your strategy, develop a schedule and do it every day; consistency is the only way to make sure people do not forget who you are!
That is how you…
- Become Known Before You Are Needed – Put yourself out there! Build community! Gain peoples trust by offering value and they will rave about you and share your message. When you show up and stand out you create an organic visibility, credibility, and profitability for you and your business.
Learn how to integrate these principles into your LinkedIn Profile, I invite you to join me in my LinkedIn Mastery for on-going training, coaching, and accountability. For more information click here: https://sosocialvisionary.com/linkedin-mastery/
Have questions? Click to schedule a conversation: https://bit.ly/LinkedInchat
Author: Cheri Martin, So Social Visionary; Your Guide to Simplifying Social Media for Growth, Prosperity, and Success